Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Crazy Month!


It's been a month since I've posted! YIKES! I guess life really catches up on you....School has started so I've been a lot busier. I am also busy getting ready to graduate and find a "real" job. This last weekend I tried to "perfect" my resume and sent it out. I have contacted two different businesses that I have found on the internet this past summer. There is a non-profit group in Detroit Lakes, MN that works to help low-income families and elderly. I would love to work in their family development department, and especially wouldn't mind working with children!! There is also another non-profit group in St. Cloud, MN that helps provide housing assistance to low to moderate income families. Neither of these organizations are currently hiring, but after contacting both, I was told to send my resume in anyways. So that's what I did this last weekend! I also found two job openings that I submitted my resume to. The first is for a non-profit in Crookston, MN (which is about 20 minutes from Grand Forks). This job is for a Head Start Director. When I found this job I thought it would be so perfect for me! I've always gone back and forth on the idea of becomming an elementary school teacher so I could work with children, and by finding a job like this I could still work with kids! The other job I applied for is in Mankato, MN....a little further than I was looking, but what the heck?! It sounds like a great position with the City of Mankato for a Housing Assistant. This is just the first round of resumes...I think that I want to send out as many resumes as I can to see what kind of a response that I can get!

School is also getting really busy, but I am almost done! I am taking five classes, and I have two large papers I need to write for graduation. But the key word there is graduation...93 days until graduation! What sweet words!!

2 comments:

kristine said...

Good luck to you on the resumes! I hope you find something absolutely wonderful..or better yet, something wonderful finds you! 93 days to go..who's counting, though?

Anonymous said...

My sweet (favorite) Granddaughter Katie. You have no idea how proud I am of you and all that you have done. I know that you have a wonderful future a head of you because of the hard work that you have put forth on your education. I also praise you for not letting anything get in the way of that. I love you more than you could ever know. If possible ... take your time finding the right job. The one that you would love to stay at for a couple of years or so to get that experience that you need. Once that happens.... you will be able to find a job in any location you want. This old grannie loves her first baby girl given to her as a gift from your Mother.