Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Books, Books, Books

Since I have two years to plan my wedding, I have drowned myself in gobs of books! Last weekend, mom and I met up in Fargo to do a little shopping. We stopped at Barnes and Nobles to find a wedding planning book. What we found was completely overwhelming! Rows of books--whether it be planning books, etiquette books, or DIY books. Of course, we were drawn to the DIY books. I found a great planning book at Target, plus I made my own binder for magazine clippings, contracts, and such. The planning book has more worksheets and guidelines to help me follow. The books that I did pick up tended to be more budgetting and DIY books. So hopefully they will help.... I also gave mom a book to start cracking on! So we will be wedding divas once this thing is done. One thing we SHOULD be sure of at the end of this, is that we got the best cost for the quality of the wedding we are looking for, because I have so much time I am hunting down deals!! The one splurge that I want is photography. Pictures are sooo important to me (as a scrapbooker), and I really don't mind paying a little more for a photographer who captures special moments that tell a story. There is one photographer I am definately leaning towards up here in Grand Forks. I have talked with her and she travels, so I am really thinking about using her! This is the one item I am okay with spending a good chunk of change on, and I will personally pick up that tab!!

Mom is going to take engagement pictures this weekend. I am excited and nervous at the same time. I really don't want it to be awkward and posed pictures, so I am hoping that we can be relaxed and just have fun with it!! Hopefully I will be able to share some of those on here next week!


For now here's my pile of books:

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well looks like you have a nice start. Many books are good because it gives you lots of choices. Good luck with all that reading.......... BTW. do you know what what your color is going to be... you know for the wedding party... just wondering...

Katie Osborn said...

Well my colors may change...but right now I LOVE black as bridesmaid dresses (classy) and then bright orange and bright pink for flowers and such...BUT within 2 years things could change, especially if I see a few weddings that use those colors because I want to be different!!

Anonymous said...

Well... not sure if you can be different..because there are so many weddings that I am sure someone else has used those colors.. but I do love the idea of the black for the wedding party besides the bride and groom.. I also love the pink and orange... but it will be so much easier to have your colors picked out so that you can get started on certain things...to have them done ahead of time... I am sure that you know what I mean... but I love those colors...

kristine said...

Wow! You did buy quite a few books. I think it is great that youhave so much time.
I am totally with you on spending more on the photos. They are so worth it!