Monday, October 29, 2007

Halloween

This last weekend, my best friend Kayla and her son (my Godson), Shaun, came to visit me. We had so much fun! DaShaun was a little bit crabby on Saturday when we were shopping, but that will be expected when little ones aren't sleeping in their own beds and on their own schedules. He was much more interested in hanging out with us Friday night than going to bed! So, needless to say, it wasn't easy to shop on Saturday with him! We were going to go to a pumpkin patch, but he was just too tired. That night, we dressed in our Halloween costumes and went out. I wore a Marilyn Monroe dress, but I ditched the wig because it looked so fake. I just love Marilyn Monroe, and so I knew that's what I wanted to dress as this year. Kayla got a really cute dress from Party America that was suppose to be like Marie Antionette. Josh dressed up at Captain Jack Sparrow from Pirates of the Carribean. We found Josh's wig at Target, and I just bought a plain white button-down shirt and a funky belt from a thrift store. I took the shirt and ripped a lot of seams to make the shirt like old and battered. I also tore off the pocket and ripped it in a few places. I also took a pair of his black sweatpants and cut them on the bottom. Josh's brother, Jeremy, also came up to visit, but he didn't dress up to go out that night! It was a lot of fun, but I didn't get much studying done!

1 comment:

kristine said...

Even though you didn't get in a lot (or any) studying, it's ok. You need to take a break every once in a while!! Sounds like you guys had a good time, though.