Thursday, March 27, 2008

My new favorite website!!

I have been doing weight watchers for more than a year, and weight watchers online for almost two months. I have been doing really well, but lately I have been wondering if there was a way to continue my healthy lifestyle change by noticing the different amounts of protein, sodium, and carbs that I consume. Right now, on weight watchers, I am doing the flex point plan and get a certain number of points to use a day. Each foods' points value is calculated depending on fiber, fat and calories. These are great things to pay attention to, but I am not paying attention to anything but these things! Weight watchers has been a great tool for me, and I have used it to my benefit!!

BUT NOW...I found a brand new site that goes beyond losing weight! They are more concentrated on healthy lifestyle changes! There are so many tools, like calorie tracking and fitness activity tracking that help to keep you accountable of everything that you put in your mouth! There is also great support through the message boards and teams that you join. You can make your own page and include your own blog! Plus there are points that you can earn as rewards! You get points for tracking your food, your activity, reading an article, completing a challenge, etc. The points are just extra added motivation! But there are many great articles and food comparison charts! There are also tools that help you decide what a healthy weight is at your height and BMI levels! I'm super excited about this website! It's packed with great healthy recipes as well!! Not sure if anyone's ever heard of it, but its http://www.sparkpeople.com/!!

I recommend every taking a look at it! It's super interesting, and can help anyone at any level. Whether you are looking at a few healthy recipes, or looking to totally revamp your lifestyle! If you are interested in starting your own account, add me (katester04) and we can be friends. Plus I can help as much as I can!! I really hope people check this out!

Oh I forgot to mention this....This tool is great and free! Weight watchers online costs me $16.95 a month, which isn't terrible, but I am going to try to use both tools right now. I'm really quite terrified to go off of weight watchers as I have come so far! It's kind of like a security blanket, but if things go well on sparkpeople, I may be able to save $16.95 and still visit the weight watchers message boards, as you don't need to pay to frequent those!

3 comments:

kristine said...

I have seent hat site before. It is a lot better now than it used to be before, too. Hve fun! Maybe when Parker is born, I can join in with you!

Katie Osborn said...

You definately should! It's great to have support, but even more great if you actually know the people who are there!! Right now, you can concentrate on having a healthy baby!!!

Anonymous said...

I am going to check it out. It would be fun if we could make it a family affair....