Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Nomination!

I know I still have to put up some more pictures from DC! I'm a big time slacker!!

I just wanted to come on here and tell everyone about the award I just found out I was nominated for! I'm super honored to be nominated! I'm not sure if anyone has ever heard of the Athena Award (www.athenafoundation.org) before, but I have been nominated for the Athena Young Professionals Award in Grand Forks (a regional award). I found out today over the phone by a lady who I have been working with. She said congratulations on your nomination for the Athena award, and I had no idea what she was talking about! I finally dug a little deeper, and my boss admitted that he knew who nominated me but couldn't tell me! He also said he wished he had nominated me, and I was very deserving of the award!

So apparently, there is a banquet that will be held next Thursday evening to announce the winner of the award. I definately don't expect to win, but it's such an honor to be nominated!!

To be nominated, one must possess the following qualifications (found at www.gfchamber.com):
  • The individual is an emerging leader who demonstrates excellence, creativity, and initiative in their business or profession
  • The individual provides valuable service by contributing time and energy to improve the quality of life for others in the community
  • The individual clearly serves as a role model for young women personally and professionally.

I'm extremely honored that I was nominated for this award! It's very exciting! I just am very curious as to who nominated me! I will know soon enough....




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats on this award. You have all the qualifing criteria to be nominated. Keep us up-to-date on the outcome. Love You

kristine said...

I *have* heard of this award! It's big time! Congratulations Katie. You so deserve to win!!!!