Saturday, March 10, 2007

MY KIDS!






So I work at a daycare in Grand Forks, and for the most part, I love it.....Well I love my kids! There are a lot of politics that come with working in a daycare. There is controversy all the time between the office and everyone else. I am not sure I agree with how they are running this daycare....but I am only going to be here for a few more months until I get my degree! The main thing is...is the kids. They are the reason I work there (because it sure as hell isn't the pay...I can barely feed myself with this wage) is the kids. I love kids, and many people think that it's crazy that I am not going to school for education. You'd never guess how many people have asked me that before, and I always tell them the same answer...It doesn't pay very much (hmm imagine that just like the daycare). Why is it that jobs that include children, and the teaching of our future, are those same jobs that pay dirt? Wouldn't it be smart to invest in the education of our nation? Maybe if the salary for the average teacher was higher, there would be more teachers entering the workforce, and less becoming burnt out. Anyways, these kids deserve the best and it is sad that we are shorting them. At the daycare, I work with the five year olds (or the 4 year olds who will be turning 5 shortly) that will be going to kindergarten in the fall. There are two groups of these five year olds (called the lizards), and one group is the gecko group the other is the chameleon group. I am one of the chameleon teachers, but usually the 2 lizards groups are together anyways. We are working to get ready for kindergarten by learning our numbers, abcs, sound recognition, and so on. They are my inspiration to keep working hard! I just love being with my kids (MOST OF THE TIME!) and they honestly light up my life. When I get to work and am with the kids, I forget about the stresses of school and I focus on their innocence. Its so fun doing things through kids' eyes once again, with such curiosity. So through my blog website I may post pictures and little quirks that I learn from kids (and you sure can learn a lot from them!)
Oh by the way...I have two kids who can sing every word to the song "Smack That," and one little girl who insists on singing, "My Humps." YIKES! I wonder if their parents realize! They are pretty dirty songs if you listen to the words, but when I heard them sing it the first time I tried so hard not to encourage them more by bursting out in laughter! But I did have to put the kabosh on that! When they sing "God Bless America," I let them sing right through! They are the cutest kids ever!

No comments: