Saturday, March 10, 2007

My View of the War in Iraq

First of all, I am just going to say not everyone will agree with what I have to say on the war. In fact, since there is such controversy about this subject matter, most people have a very strong view on it. President Theodore Roosevelt said this during World War I, “standing by a president whether right or wrong is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American Public…Patriotism means to stand by the country; it doesn’t mean to stand by the president or any other public official.” And I don't. Okay so I shouldn't be that harsh, but I definately do not agree with how our country entered the war, and why we are still in it. I also I want to say straight out that I honor and respect our troops and their families. I will continue to support them while they are over in Iraq, but I think it would be best if they were brought home to their families. It is obvious that the US government cannot inflict freedom and unity in Iraq. Further, right now, the US armed forces seem to be acting as an army for one side of a civil war in Iraq. From what I hear, there has been no evidence of the weapons of mass destruction, and Saddam Hussein is dead. So why are we still there? There has also been some speculation as to whether or not Al-Qaeda even has any links with the Iraqi government. If you ask me, or president has been less than honest with some information. At the daycare I work at, there is a little girl in my group whose daddy is in Iraq. He was suppose to come home in March, and she always told me, "Daddy's coming home after my birthday," (which was February 15th). Well now they say he doesn't get to come home to his loving wife and children until June. And this five year old child no longer wants to talk about daddy, because she just cries everytime she does. I think it is time that her daddy, and the rest of the daddies, husbands, sons, brothers, and cousins back home!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.