Friday, March 9, 2007

Newbie!

So I decided it was time to jump on this bandwagon and start a blog. I think that this is something I have always wanted to do, so we will see how much time permits me! I am a fairly busy senior in college. I attend the University of North Dakota, and will graduate with a bachelor's degree in Public Administration and a minor in communication. Everyone asks me what I am going to do with a public administration degree, and to be quite honest I am not sure. I think that's what I love about my major. It's not one definite field, like education or accounting, rather it is a bunch of different things rolled into one. For instance, I am taking business classes, but I am also taking government classes. So in actuality I could find a job in either the public or private sector! I think I would really like to work with human resources in some way, but I am also becomming more and more interested in Public Relations! Although, I think that in order to get a job in the public relations sector, most people usually have communication degrees. But hey at least I am open to different ideas and areas. It will make it easier when I am looking for jobs. It also means that I won't be stuck somewhere forever! I have a hard time with that word..."forever." It's just too permanent! I like a little flexibility and breathing room.....everytime I hear that word in context with anything in my life...I feel a little suffocated!

No comments: