Monday, November 5, 2007

My new project...

So after years of coaxing, my mother finally talked me into learning how to "quilt." I put quilt in quotations because it's not really a quilted blanket. It's just a small project. We went to a quilt shop in Perham, MN this last weekend, and I found an advent Christmas calendar that I really liked. So we bought the pattern, and yesterday Mom sat and taught me how to do it. Right now I am cutting out appliques and ironing them onto little pockets for the calendar, so not really any sewing yet. Up until now, sewing machines have intimidated me...but I want to learn how to master it for when I have children some day! I have done a lot of hand sewing, but apparently machine sewing is a lot easier...so we will see.

I'm hoping to have enough time to finish the calendar by December 1 for obvious reason...but we will see...I have a lot of Christmas projects that I am working on! I will post pictures of the Quilt as I am progressing in my project.

2 comments:

kristine said...

I can't wait to see pics of what you do. Your mom gave me an old sewing machine to use and your grandma taught me how to use it - now I just need to actually do something with it. I have also alweays been intimidated by it and have always done hand sewing. Maybe we both need a good project!

Anonymous said...

Way to go sweetheart. I was with your Mom yesterday and she told me all about it. Sounds like fun. It is good therapy as well. It will allow you to pull yourself away from school and work and do quiet work. You will see what I mean. I can't wait to see it. I know that you are going away with your Mom this weekend, I plan on running over Thursday evening to see what it is all about.. I will bring over my project to show you. Love you ... Grams