Monday, November 19, 2007

My Project Update

At Quilt retreat, I took a shot in the dark and began my first quilting venture! Apparently, my mom forgot to mention to me that I was starting a pretty tough project. My calendar had 25 pockets (one for each day), and 25 appliques. I have the front put together, and this weekend my mom will help me attach the back and actually do the "quilting part." I will put pictures up once it is completely finished. I honestly couldn't have done any of it without my mom's help...I wouldn't have even known where to begin. She is pretty much the reason why it looks nice, because I would've gotten impatient and given up!

I also made about 30 Christmas cards to send out. I am excited about those too...and they are all different. But they did take a lot longer to make than I had anticipated!! I would put pictures of those online, but it may ruin the surprise when everyone gets them in the mail! I will mail them out after Thanksgiving.

Update on Grad School: I had hoped to know whether or not I was accepted by Thanksgiving, but it doesn't look like that will happen. My test scores aren't even in yet! They were suppose to arrive 10-15 days after I took the test...we are on day 17...so hopefully soon!! But the Grad School also lost one of my recommendation letters (DON'T ASK--I'M CRABBY ABOUT IT!!), so that prolongs the whole process too. Once the grad school has everything together...then they have to send it to the Department to make a decision. I am hoping that they can send it over this week (may be optimistic), and have an answer by next week. Keep your fingers crossed!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey sweetie... your old Grannie here. I am sure that they will accept you. You've always done great and I am sure that your recommendation letters are more than enough to convince them they have to have a person like you in their Grad program. I can not wait to see your project that you have been working on. I could not believe that were able to finish 30 personal Christmas cards, that is great. I sure hope I am one of those that will be receiving one. I keep all of the cards that are personally made for me....ask Kristine, I have every one that she has ever made for me. I can't wait the see one.....hint, hint.
Love you... see you on Thursday