Monday, November 5, 2007

My test

I took the Graduate Records Exam this past Friday, and it was no fun! I know that I don't do well on standardized tests, so I made sure to prepare (as much as humanly possible with everything else going on). There are three sections--Verbal, Quantitative (math), and analytical writing. Because the test was on a computer, I know how I did on the verbal and quantitative sections. But, since the analytical section was an essay, I will have to wait for someone to hand grade that. I got an average score. So not terrible, not great. I am not too bummed out, because I know I get tripped up on these tests. Sometimes they write the questions to try to trick people, by trying to make you eliminate answers and guess which questions the lower test takers would select. It should be more straightforward. BUT it's over so I'm done complaining.

They have to send the scores to UND, and this will take about 10-15 days. Once they get it, they gather all of my information and decide whether or not I am accepted. I am hoping to know by Thanksgiving. If I get in, I have to take my acceptance letter to the financial aid office to try to get more loans figured out (STRESSFUL!!). Then I can register for classes. I can only take three classes a semester, and so it will take two years to complete. I have already selected my classes for the spring (as long as I'm accepted). The schedule is really ideal for me. On monday, I'd have class from 3-5, Tuesday from 7-10, and Wednesday from 7-10. I will be working about 30 hours a week at my internship still, but it looks like they are trying to change my status from an intern to a part-time employee which will mean I will be eligible for benefits!

The best part is, I can breath this week!!!

1 comment:

kristine said...

Glad you did at least average! I know what you mean about getting tripped up. It happens all the time. I will be waiting to hear of your acceptance!!! Good luck - again!