Tuesday, February 5, 2008

New TV

I know it's been awhile since I've posted! Today I will post a few different things to make up for it! Josh and I have been looking to get a new TV (ours was going out--it was may parents old one and probably 20 years old)! For Christmas, my parents gave us a very generous gift card to wal-mart (could be used at Sam's Club) to buy a tv. We had wanted to use the figt card and spend a little extra money to get a nice one! Well needless to say the tv was put to the back of our minds with my car problem. However, a few weeks ago, we went to Josh's work holiday party and he had won a few hundred dollars off of pull tabs! So he used that money, the gift card, and some of this paycheck to purchase our tv! We had actually done a lot of research into flat screens, and knew the good brands to look for and good prices for the size of the screen. We went into Wal-mart just to check their selection, and they had a 37" RCA for $699 (more than I wanted to pay, but a very decent price for the size)! We asked someone if they had anymore in the back, as the shelf was empty, and we were told they were sold out. After talking his manager into selling us the floor model, we got a 10% discount on the tv, and, better yet, it had only been on for 3 days! Needless to say, Josh made us rush home Sunday for the "big game" on his big screen!






1 comment:

kristine said...

We are also in the market for a new tv. Something we are considering buying with our taxes! Looks great! I am jealous!