Wednesday, January 23, 2008

I can't believe that I forgot to share this.....


WOW! This happened before New Years! Josh and I were on our way to Walmart the weekend before New Years, and my car started shooting cold air at me. We thought it was maybe low on coolant, but to be safe, we pulled into the mechanic that I usually take my car to here in Grand Forks. After waiting for an hour, he broke the news to me....it may be a good idea to get a new car. Those were pretty much his exact words. The mechanic thought that it was my head gasket that was out, but, because there was only one mechanic on duty on Saturday, he wanted me to come back in on Monday. So I did, still trying to be optimistic. This time the news was worse! It wasn't the head gasket, but he gave me a list of the things that were wrong with it. He also attached a price to that list...$1500 roughly. Well, because my car is 10 years old, and has a lot of miles on it, I'm not sure that fixing all of these problems would prevent something else from going wrong! So now, I am sort of in the process of looking for a new car. But, you usually need money to buy those things! I am waiting for my excess financial aid to come through, and I will use some of that to buy a car.

So until then, I get up at 4:45 am to drive Josh into work (with his car), go to work myself at 8, and pick him up at 4:30 pm. Not to mention go to my evening classes on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesay. At least we have his car!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear that hon... you have put a lot of miles on that little car of yours... so it sounds like it is tired. Getting the money for getting another car isn't the easiest thing.. but you will find a way and all will work out for you.... love you

kristine said...

Aw KAtie- that sucks! I am really sorry to hear that. it is hard to have to do the one car thing (believe me, we have done it for years) but you get used to it. I can't imagine getting up at 4:45 when you don't even have to be to work until 8 - ish! good luck, hon!