Monday, January 7, 2008

I'm grateful for...

Today I realized that I am very grateful for my eye doctor and the invention of contact lenses/glasses. I would not be able to function as well as I do without these wonderful items! I have terrible vision (almost as bad as my father's already)! I have had glasses since I was in fifth grade, and every year my eye sight gets slightly worse. I started to get concerned at my last visit, but my eye doctor up here told me that it was normal for someone who was yound, but soon my eye sight SHOULD start to stabilize. This is a good thing, because in order to be a good candidate for lasix eye surgery, you must have like 2 or three consecutive eye doctor visits in which your eye sight stays the same. I would like to do the laser eye surgery in my future, but it's just not possible right now. With that being said, glasses and contacts can be a hassle and annoying, but I don't know what I would do without them! In fact she told me that I am legally blind without them! Scary!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am grateful for eye doctors as well. I don't have contacts, but do have glasses. Just got new glasses, but it was nice that my eyes had not changed in 5 years prior to getting these.