Thursday, January 3, 2008

New Reoccuring Post

So in attempts to try to appreciate the small things in life, I decided that my blog would reflect on these. I was thinking about trying to write everyday about one thing that I am grateful, thankful, or appreciative in my world, however once a day me be difficult. So I will try to write at least once a week. I am obviously the most thankful for the wonderful family, but I want to start on a smaller scale. I want to try to elaborate on the small things in life that may go unnoticed or taken for granted.

Today, I am grateful for my warm blankets on my bed. I know it sounds silly, but in the newspaper today I read about a small boy who died from being outside in the Frigid air in New Ulm, MN. The article was very brief and didn't answer the questions I had like, "where were the parents?" My heart is just full of grief and thoughts about how children can get outside without realizing the dangers of cold air. I starting thinking about the high locks that I will put on the door of my home once I have children. It just made me think about how lucky I am to have a warm home and bed to go back to each night. Not everyone is as lucky as me, and yet I sometimes complain because I am too cold. If I am too cold, I can throw on a sweatshirt or grab a blanket, but that's not the case for everyone.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you 100 percent about the blankets. The story with the little boy was that he went outside during the early hours of the morning and no one heard him. His mother was the one that found him. It is a very very sad story and it should be a note to parents to add locks up high. I did when your mom and her brothers were little. It does make a parent feel safer at night at well. If someone is trying to open your door from the outside. They will be unsuccessful because there is one more at the top of the door which is harder for them to open with the tools they use to do so..